Videos produced by the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy to help you learn about bankruptcy and the role of a Licensed Insolvency Trustee.
- Discussing your options with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee video (1:45)
Richard is unable to pay his bills and unsure what to do. He talks to a Licensed Insolvency Trustee to explore the different ways he can deal with his debt.
- Submitting a consumer proposal to your creditos video (3:15)
A Licensed Insolvency Trustee explains to Mary and Paul that a consumer proposal might be the way to resolve their financial situation. The trustee tells them how a consumer proposal is different from bankruptcy and what they need to do.
- What to expect if you file for bankruptcy video (3:22)
After talking with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, David and Julie decide that bankruptcy is the most appropriate option to handle their debts. The trustee explains the way their creditors will be paid and what they will need to do during the bankruptcy process.
- Bankruptcy and surplus income payments video (2:21)
Stephanie has discussed filing for bankruptcy with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. The trustee explains how Stephanie's income requires her to make payments during her bankruptcy.
- Understanding the bankruptcy discharge video (2:25)
Vincent has decided to file for bankruptcy. His Licensed Insolvency Trustee outlines what debts will be discharged in a bankruptcy and how long the process takes.